Monday, September 7, 2009

Pebbles & Pimms in Brighton

Much to my surprise, the pebbly beach at Brighton was quite pleasant. The pebbles were comfortable to lie on, there was no sand in my shoes/hair/clothes, and it was fun throwing stones at my friends. We didn't end up renting the multicoloured deck-chairs or coca-cola umbrellas.
Brighton

It was much more exciting to soak in the full force of the elusive English sun and immerse ourselves in the earthiness of the pebbles! It is definitely an experience not to be missed.

I also developed a taste for another essentially English institution: Pimms. We found a nice little bar right by the pebbles that served pitchers of Pimms for £12 (yes, I know, but Pimms + Pebbles + Sun made it worth the money). I am proud to say, that we finished 4 pitchers between the 4 of us. The fruity flavour with a vague taste of gin and look of iced-tea went very well with the heat of the last day of English summer. It kept our heads cool and tongues loose. I managed to scare off the waitress (who was eavesdropping!) with my observations on the beauties of the pebbles.

To top it all off - I had a great Chicken Parma at Walkabouts and then a greasy msg-filled yummy kung-po chicken at a hole-in-the-wall Chinese place near the station! The day was also a gastronomic success!

No comments: